- This page contains a short summary of the TeamAIDAsha marathon fundraiser program. You may also want to checkout the slides from the information session here and read a lot more details here.
- TeamAIDAsha program is geared towards first-time / beginner and experienced runners to train and run a full or half-marathon while raising funds for AID and Asha, Boston/MIT chapters.
- All the funds raised go towards running educational, social and economic development of underprivileged children and marginalized communities in India.
- Our training program normally starts every April and ends with marathon or half-marathon in October (see season timeline below).
- If you would like to try running with us or would like to volunteer for the program, please make sure that you signup here. You will be invited to join specific Google email lists depending on your preferences.
- Also, please make sure to 'like' us on Facebook or follow on Twitter to stay informed.
- We accept new runners for the first few months. However, if you are a first time runner we recommend that you join the group training runs as early in the season as possible.
- Group runs are normally on EVERY Saturday mornings (rain or shine, no cancellations). Please make sure you are signed up in the current season's email list for last minute updates. You can sign up for the list here. Starting location and time will change each week as we progress through the season.
- You can attend up to four weekend group training runs without any commitment. After the free period, you are requested to register online to continue with the program. Online registration will be available at our home page by the end of May.
- Deadline for registration for the season: June 30th
- Registration fees ($125) is non-refundable and is counted towards the donation target
- Official target races are listed here
- Fundraising targets are:
- Full Marathon : $2620 ($1500 for Full time students with Student ID)
- Half Marathon: $1500 ($1000 for Full time students and post-docs)
- Target: $1000 for alumni full/half marathon runners who have successfully raised at least $2620 in the past, and are actively volunteering for current season.
- For complete details please visit the official runner policy page
- Please keep in mind that the registration is your commitment to train under the guidance of the coach and to meet or exceed the fundraising target for the selected category.
- Please note: Coach will not be able to provide personal training advice for unregistered runners
- We recommend you to start your fundraising efforts as soon as the fundraising clinic is held. You are required to reach your fundraising target before the date of your target race.
- Please make sure to attend the weekend (usually Saturday) group runs regularly and follow coach’s advice on the shorter mid-week runs, stretching and other tips. You learn a lot by training with the team, we recommend that you don’t try to do it on your own, especially if this is your first marathon/half-marathon.
- We normally do not cancel the weekend training runs on rainy days etc, except in case of extreme weather conditions. Plan on being at the run every Saturday, unless you hear otherwise.
- TeamAIDAsha is 100% volunteer driven program. We try our best to ensure that you have a good experience while training for the marathon and raise funds for a noble cause. We welcome your suggestions for improvement and hope you can join our team as a runner or as a volunteer.
- We hope you join us for this fundraising program and may even become a volunteer in the future.
- This page contains a short summary of the program. You may also want to checkout the slides from the information session here and read a lot more details here.
TeamAIDAsha Season Timeline
Below, is an approximate timeline of the TeamAIDAsha training and fundraising program. Exact dates for each season are announced in the runner email list for the season. Please make sure you have signed up to the current year's runner list to get the latest announcements. Signup link for runners is at the home page.